Tuesday 20 May 2014

Broadway Nails- A Quick imPress Manicure

In the mail I received two little nail polishes bottles from Influenster for free to try.  Inside each of these bottles are 24 #imPressnails from a company called Broadway Nails. I heard of press on nails but never tried them myself.  I've seen them in stores but thought it would be too much work and they would be very long and cheap looking.




I usually do manicures and pedicures on myself once a month and go to the manicurist every season but with my little one, i don't have much time.  The one night I sat down to try these was pretty late at night.  I gave my nails a quick soak, trimmed, and moisturized.

I looked Broadway Nails website and it gave lots of instructional videos to placing the nails on.  They also show the different types of nail colours and patterns.

The first set I tried on was Over The Moon.  I separated each of the nails by size.  I was putting them on top of each other to see if there the same size, little did I know there were numbers underneath them.  Good to remember your sizes for the next time.  I followed the directions and it only takes five minutes to do.  I  did mess up the middle nail; I think it was more for the thumb and looked weird.  I think they held up for a long period of time.  I made perogies the next day and no chip or breakage.

The colour was not for me. I'm pretty low down not a high maintenance kind of gal who wheres sweat pants, pjs and scrubs most of the time. The nails were pretty va va voom looking.  Even going out in public was very imitating.

The next set was Dancing Queen (D100) that I applied to my nails. I liked this pattern set.  To tone them down, I placed one pattern nail on each hand and paint a matching colour on the rest of my nails. With the extra nails, I'll use one for each hand and paint the nails so I'm not wasting them. Or give them to my sister to try them. Not everyone has the same nail size.

I would definitely buy these nails from this company again, maybe a different pattern especially for a wedding, baby showers and other special occasions.



6 comments:

  1. I never looked to see if there are numbers! I will have to check next time because finding the right size takes the longest with these for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice until I was taking the sticker off. I did it the hard way lining up each nail by size to organize them. It's at the tip end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received the exact same designs. They're so pretty but my natural nails were too long for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of using them as an accent nail as well. Good idea.
    They have fabulous patterns as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to rock those nails Marie! It didn't click in my mind the use of the numbers on the nails and great thinking on saving the extra nails, I think I will do that too!

    ReplyDelete